This is going to be the update post that I've been promising for a while.
Trust me when I say that 2013 has been the biggest, the best and the busiest year of our lives!
So many things have happened this year, in fact, after our Thailand trip I feel like life was on fast forward, double speed.
Here are all the things that happened (in no particular order):
- We got engaged! Chris and I have been together nearly 4.5 years now and it was so special to get engaged not long after our 4th anniversary. Here's the sparkler:
The proposal was so sweet and the ring is amazzzzing!! Everything I could ever have hoped for. I have the sweetest fiancé on the planet.
- We celebrated our engagement last month with a perfect garden party here in our home town. I still haven't come down from the excitement of getting engaged and part of the reason, I think, is because we waited three months for our party. We enjoyed it so much. I planned and styled everything myself and we had the good fortune of having help from our family and friends with food etc.
- We took our first overseas trip together to Thailand over our June/July Uni break.
Bukit Safari - Baby Elephants, Phuket, Thailand
Big Buddha - Top of Phuket Island, Thailand
Maya Bay - Phi Phi Island, Thailand
- We holidayed in Taupo (New Zealand) in February. Our stay at the Hilton was the highlight of our trip. Such a beautiful place.
Aratiatia Dam - Taupo, New Zealand
Our private courtyard - Hilton Hotel, Taupo, New Zealand
Chateau Tongariro - National Park, New Zealand
Mount Ruapehu - National Park, New Zealand
- I flew to Sydney (Australia) for a girls trip. I hadn't seen my bestie in a while so it was good to catch up with her.
Bondi Beach - Sydney, Australia
Sydney Opera House - Sydney, Australia
Mid-Sentence! In front of Harbour Bridge - Sydney, Australia
In front of Opera House - Sydney, Australia
With my best friend Hannah
- I went to Auckland to go to the Rihanna concert
Skytower - Auckland, New Zealand
- I felt like I made 20,473 gingerbread houses!
- I finished my first year of a Communication degree at Massey University
- Chris finished his degree!! Yay!!
- We moved back to our hometown. Such a stressful ordeal
- Chris started Competitive Muay Thai Kickboxing. So far he has an undefeated record :)
- We had a minor car accident and wrote off one of our vehicles :(
We are going overseas in January and have started planning our wedding. Such exciting times!
I was fortunate enough to be invited to a few beauty events, more on that later :)
Here's to 2014 being equally as awesome!
What did you get up to?
- Lizy xx